Q: What is Imaani Muzaakarah and how does it work?
A: Imaani Muzaakarah is a discussion on Imaan for the children in the Makaatib. Their tongues need to become moist with the talks of Allah Ta’ala. With the passing of time the reality of Imaan would insha-Allah enter, then permeate their hearts.
Objective of the Imaani Muzaakarah:
- The idea is to in-still the reality and love of Allah Ta’ala in their hearts, to gain the Ma’rifat and Muhabbat of Allah Ta’ala, i.e. to know who Allah Ta’ala is.
How is it done?
Below are the main points of the “Imaani Muzaakarah” which the pupils need to repeat daily. A “Daily Reminder”. A short slot, maybe the last five minutes of class time can be allocated for the Daily Reminder.
- Alhamdulillah, I am a Muslim.
- I will live and die as a Muslim, Insha Allah.
- Only Muslims will go to Jannah (paradise).
- Jannah is forever.
- It has rivers of honey and milk.
- We will have gardens, palaces and servants.
- We will never get tired, hungry or angry.
- Jannah is full of happiness and goodness.
- We will get whatever we wish for in Jannah.
- Allah Ta’ala has blessed me with Imaan
- I believe in one Allah and in Nabi Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam as the last messenger of Allah Ta’ala.
- Imaan is my ticket to Jannah.
- I love Allah Ta’ala and Allah Ta’ala loves me.
- Allah Ta’ala is full of mercy and forgiveness.
- I obey Allah Ta’ala in the way shown to me by Nabi Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam.
- Allah Ta’ala is Khaaliq, (The Creator) – Allah Ta’ala created everything, the sun, moon, stars and birds. The sky, earth, mountains and animals. Allah Ta’ala created you and me and everything we see.
- Allah Ta’ala is Raaziq, (The Provider) – Allah Ta’ala gave us food to eat and water to drink. Allah Ta’ala gave us eyes, ears, nose and a mouth; tongue to talk and feet to walk. Allah Ta’ala gave us whatever we have.
- Allah Ta’ala is Maalik, (The Owner) – Allah Ta’ala owns everything. Nothing belongs to us. Everything belongs to Allah Ta’ala. Our shoes, clothing, houses and cars all belong to Allah Ta’ala. Allah Ta’ala takes it away whenever he wants. Allah Ta’ala gives and forgives, we get and forget. We need to prepare to meet Allah Ta’ala. With Salaah, Qur-aan, Zikr and Dua, we will get closer and closer to Allah Ta’ala.
- Why do I come to Madrasah? I come to the madrasah to learn about Allah Ta’ala and His messenger, Nabi Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam. I come to learn and practice what Allah Ta’ala wants from me at every moment of my life.
Together with this, a supporting discussion needs to be presented to the pupils once a week. The theme of this discussion should be from the Qualities/Names of Allah Ta’aala. One Quality/Name should be discussed for one entire term (about 3 months). There after another Quality/name should be discussed for the next three months and so on. This discussion can be in the form of a short story, some activity, or just some food for thought, or even present questions to the class in order to get some feedback and response from the students to see what they are thinking. As we said, this discussion should take place once a week. Maybe for the other days just allude towards what was discussed for that week. But the above Imaani muzaakarah Daily Reminder needs to be said daily.
To get much content to discuss for 2-3 months will be challenging for one person, so an easy way to do this is to give all the teachers some long term homework to do. They must research and look for ideas, stories, write ups, activities, explanations, etc and present it to a senior Aalim of the madrasah, who can go through it, put it together and make up the weekly discussions.
Remember, this is just and idea or a guideline. Let us know what you think and please share your ideas with us.