The purpose and object of a jalsahh is to;
- Please Allah Ta’ala
- Motivate the pupils by allowing them to participate and giving them prizes for outstanding achievements.
- Pass on some message of Deen to the parents and others who will be attending the madrasah jalsah.
Below are a few guidelines for those having Jalsahhs
- Jalsahhs should not resemble school concerts and fashion shows. Don’t be extravagant in preparing for the jalsahh. No money must be spent on stage decor, props, costumes and other wasteful aspects. The jalsahh is a platform to give a message of Deen. By wasting money on these items a totally wrong message will be given.
- Jalsah preparations should not impact on Madrasah times. Jalsah preparations should take place on Friday afternoons for 15 minutes and children should be called on Saturday mornings to prepare for the jalsah. Besides these two times, no other madrasah times must be used for jalsah prep.
- Nazams must not have back ground music and resemble the tunes and lyrics of English and Hindi songs. The meanings of the naaths should be checked by some learned aalim that it does not contain any words of shirk or kufr, etc.
- Dialogues maybe prepared which have a good message. No plays and dramas to take place in the jalsah.
- Be very careful about intermingling of sexes. [preferably have a mothers only jalsah]
- Baaligh boys should not be made to participate in the jalsah. They may participate in a jalsah that is especially for fathers.
- Prizes given to pupils should be motivating and educational. Carefully select the prizes for the pupils.
- Pupils should not be made to go out and collect funds for the jalsahs.
NB: The jalsah is not a concert or something to entertain the pupils and parents. A few days before the jalsah get all the children to also join the asaatizah to make dua that the jalsah should be a means of hidaayat for all.