SUNNAT – TARBIYAT – AKHLAAQ – TA’LEEM – TILAAWAT – IBAADAT
|Advice & Articles|
In this day and age, teaching little children in a primary makatb is not amongst the easiest of tasks. Teachers are faced with major challenges in the classroom. Often the Apa goes back home at the end of the day tired and dejected. The question that keeps on ringing in her mind is, “Are we winning?”
Each day brings about new challenges for the maktab Apa. The children in her classroom are so different. Some are from broken homes, others from mixed marriages and yet some from foreign backgrounds who don’t even understand our language. Then, we are faced with the challenge of technology. Children are addicted to the X-Box, smart phone, T.V. games, and the list goes on. Their attention span is so low that it lasts for a maximum of five minutes for the day. At times, whilst taking a child’s sabak, you may find him suddenly taking his kitaab, using it as a steering wheel and speeding off as if he […]
|Imaani Muzaakarah for this Term|
العزيز – Al-Azeez: The Mighty / The Strong
All might and strength belong to Allah Ta’ala alone. Nothing and no one can stand in front of Allah Ta’ala. If Allah Ta’ala wants, in one second He can crush the whole world. We are so small and weak, what will happen to us? Therefore, we should fear and obey ALLAH TA’ALA Who is Most Strong.
Objectives of a Maktab
- To teach the correct Aqeedah (Beliefs of a Muslim).
- To teach the recitation of the Qur’aan Shareef with tajweed .
- To practically teach the manner of wudhu, ghusal, salaah, and other ibaadaat.
- To teach good manners and good character.
- To instil the love of Allah Ta’ala, Nabi Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam , and the Sunnah in the hearts of the students.