IMAAN – SUNNAT – TARBIYAT – AKHLAAQ – TA’LEEM – IBAADAT
|Advice & Articles|
For a person to become a perfect believer, he has to have Taqwa (i.e. piety).
Taqwa is gained when a person is purified from spiritual maladies like pride, malice, etc. This is achieved by making zikr, reciting lots of Durood Shareef daily, and protecting the seven parts of the body from sin:
The seven parts of the body are as follows;
- THE EYES: Casting lustful glances at Na-Mahram Men or Women is committing adultery of the eye. This makes the heart filthy and ruins it. Without sincere taubah (repentance) ones Imaan can be ruined. Viewing of pornographic material, photographs, television, films, etc. is also adultery of the eyes.
- THE TONGUE: Backbiting and speaking lies destroys the heart. If it becomes a habit, it ruins a person’s Imaan, unless a person repents (i.e. makes taubah) sincerely.
- THE EARS: Listening to music: This is very harmful as it breeds hypocrisy in the heart, and it leads to immodesty.
- THE STOMACH: […]
اَلسَّلَامُ – As Salaam: The Giver of Peace
Who gives us peace? Only Allah Ta’ala gives us peace.
Money cannot buy peace. Holidays cannot give us peace. Allah Ta’ala alone gives us peace. A soft bed cannot give us a peaceful sleep. Allah Ta’ala alone gives us a peaceful sleep. When brother and sister fight or mother and father stop speaking to each other, then only Allah Ta’ala can make peace between them. The haraam T.V. and video games cannot bring peace in the home. Music cannot bring peace. Allah Ta’ala alone brings peace in our homes. Turn to Allah Ta’ala alone for peace.
Whenever you are worried and want peace read: يَا سَلَامُ (Ya-Salaamu) in abundance.
One Advice: As Muslims we have to always guard our tongues. No swearing! No teasing! No lying! Every word we speak is written down by the angels. We do not use a toothbrush to shine our shoes and then use the same toothbrush to brush our teeth. In the same way how can we use our tongues for dirty words and then the same tongues to take the pure name of Allah Ta’ala. Let us learn the lesson, “Think before we speak.”
Objectives of a Maktab
- To teach the correct Aqeedah (Beliefs of a Muslim).
- To teach the recitation of the Qur’aan Shareef with tajweed .
- To practically teach the manner of wudhu, ghusal, salaah, and other ibaadaat.
- To teach good manners and good character.
- To instil the love of Allah Ta’ala, Nabi Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam , and the Sunnah in the hearts of the students.